Who is this documentation for?
Anyone who wants to install and learn how to use Remeo for productive or testing purpose.
- The abbreviation SfB is used to refer to both Skype for Business and Lync throughout this document.
- Remeo has been tested on versions up to
Lync Server 2013 CU5and
Skype for Business Server 2015 CU5.
Remeo comes along with a built-in 45-day trial period, for any further questions regarding licensing please feel free to contact us.
If you face a problem or need more help, you can use the following additional resources:
The following chapters describe the installation process for the Remeo Client and Remeo Server.
Preconditions and requirements
All installation files can be found on our download page.
During the setup process, you will need the following information:
- FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of your Front end Server/Pool
Proxy server - Whitelist
You need to add the following domains to your proxy server whitelist:
https://cloud.colima.de/api/(for Remeo Client --> Licensing. Mandatory!)
https://support.colima.de/(for Remeo Client --> Help. Optional)
https://colima.de(for Remeo Client --> Links. Optional)
Installation environment and required software
- SfB Server (Remeo Server will only work with SfB Server on-premises. SfB Online and Cloud PBX are currently not supported).
- A dedicated Trusted Application Server or Pool. An installation on the Front end Servers is not supported by Microsoft.
- Remeo Server requires the installation of .NET Framework version 4.5.
- Remeo Client requires the installation of .NET Framework version 4.5.2.
The following file paths are the default installation paths.
Known issues / Roadmap
- If the executing user has a different display language than the targeting user’s system the presence status descriptions within Remeo could be displayed incorrectly.
- In case the presence status of the user which is currently configured is "Idle" (Free-Idle or Busy-Idle), Remeo wont show any presence status, instead, a grey marker is displayed.
- Currently the Active Directory authentication, for verifying the user’s update permission, is executed on the Remeo client and is based on the current logged in user and location. Therefore, Remeo won’t work on remote devices. Using a VPN connection or a reverse proxy should solve the problem.
- Selecting a number as call target within Remeo requires the input of a phone number based on the
Installation of Remeo Server
Now you should proceed with installing Remeo Server on the basis of this article.